License Renewal: June 30th every year
Reporting Period: January 1st to December 31st over a three-year rolling period
CPE Documentation: Licenses may be renewed at The West Virginia Board of Accountancy.
- Instruction: 60 hours per year maximum. Repeat material may count if there is evidence of substantial changes in the material.
- Published Materials: 60 hours per publication maximum credit permitted.
- Subject: Courses in principles of accounting will not receive credit for instruction or attendance.
- Instruction: Teachers in approved programs will receive two extra hours of credit for study for each hour taught on the first time they teach a course.
- University/College Courses:
- One semester hour equates to 15 CPE Hours
- One quarter hour equates to 10 CPE Hours
Hour Requirements: 120 hours; 20 hours per year minimum
- Ethics Requirement: 4 hours; must be a course from a sponsor approved by the West Virginia Board of Accountancy.