License Renewal July 31st
Reporting Period: August 1st – July 31th every odd year
CPE Documentation: You may renew your license at the Vermont Board of Public Accountancy and more.
- Instruction: Instructor Credits limited to 50% of total hours.
- Published Materials: Authorship credits limited to 25% of total hours.
Credit Calculations: Measured on a 50 minute hour. Fractional hours are rounded down to nearest whole credit.
- Instruction: Credit is equivalent to presentation plus preparation. Preparation is limited to two times presentation. Repeat instruction within renewal period is only accepted if substantial change is proven.
- Partial Credit: Half credits accepted after the first hour.
- One semester hour equates to 15 CPE hours
- Non Credit Courses – Each Classroom Hour equates to one qualifying hour.
Hour Requirements: 80 hours
- No requirement for new licensees if licensed for less than one year.
- If new licensee was licensed with longer than one year remaining in the period then they need to earn at least 40 credits during period.
- Ethics Requirement: 4 hours
- Accounting & Auditing: 8 hours
Carryover Policy: 10 hours maximum may be carried forward in to the next reporting period, but cannot count towards auditing/accounting or ethics requirements.