License Renewal: Last day of birth month each year
Reporting Period: First day of month following birth month to the last day of the birth month every three years
CPE Documentation: License renewals can take place at The New Mexico Board of Accountancy.
- Instruction: Limited to 60 hours combined with published materials.
- Meetings: Board meeting attendance limited to 4 hours
- Published Materials: Limited to 60 hours combined with instruction.
- Reviewer: Firm peer review program participation limited to 24 hours. Firms having engagement or report peer review will be allowed 12 hours, a system peer review up to 24 hours and a system peer review located away from the firm’s office up to 12 hours.
- Instruction: Credit equates to presentation plus preparation. Preparation is limited to two times presentation. Replicated material is only accepted if it is substantially changed.
- Partial Credit: Board meeting attendance limited to 4 hours
- One semester hour equates to 15 CPE hours
- One quarter hour equates to 10 CPE hours
- Non Credit Courses – each classroom hour equates to one qualifying hour.
Hour Requirements: 120 hours; minimum of 20 per year
- 4 hours of Ethics required
- 96 hours in technical subjects which include:
- Accounting & Auditing
- Accounting & Auditing (Governmental)
- Administrative Practice
- Behavioral Ethics
- Business Law
- Computer Science
- Financial Advisory or Consulting
- Financial Reporting
- Management Consulting
- Regulatory Ethics
- Specialized Knowledge
- 24 hours of CPE must be sponsored by organizations other than licensee’s firm or employer.