License Renewal: January 1st on an annual basis
Reporting Period: July 1st – June 30th
CPE Documentation: Visit The Mississippi State Board of Public Accountancy to submit hours, apply for a license and more.
- Self-Study: Courses must be NASBA QAS approved
- Published Materials: Authorship is based on submission of the published document with a request for the number of credits
- Independent Study: Not accepted for credit
- Personal Development: Not accepted for credit
Credit Calculations: Half credits are allowed following the first hour
- Credit = preparation time.
- Limited to 2x actual class presentation time
- Duplicated material will not count towards credits
- 1 semester hour = 15 CPE hours
- 1 quarter hour = 10 CPE hours
- Non Credit Courses: 1 classroom hour = 1 qualifying hour
Hours Requirements: 40 hours
- 4 hours in Ethics, Professional Conduct and Public Accountancy Law and Regulations
- If an excess of 40 hours are accumulated, the surplus hours up to a maximum of 60 CPE credit hours may be carried over and applied to 20 hours per year (credits cannot be carried over unless obtained within 36 months prior to the beginning of the current compliance period)
- Licensee may be exempted for a non-resident if their primary employment is located in a state where the CPE requirements are substantially equivalent to Mississippi’s requirements
Carryover: A maximum of 60 credits that are completed in excess of the requirement may be carried over into the next 3 annual reporting periods in order to satisfy the requirement. A limit of 20 excess credits can be applied in any following year.