License Renewal June 30th Every three years. Application is due February 15th to give Board time to process, but license terms are July 1st – June 30th.
A-E: 2012, 2015, 2018, etc.
F-M: 2013, 2016, 2019, etc.
N-Z: 2011, 2014, 2017, etc.
Reporting Period: January 1st – December 31st every three years
CPE Documentation: License renewals and more can be done at The Rhode Island Board of Accountancy.
- Instruction: Instructors, Speakers or discussion leaders can receive 60 hours in a period.
- Personal Development/Marketing: Limited to 24 credits in a period.
- Business Management & Organization
- Personal Development
- Published Materials: Authorship credits limited 60 hours.
- Self-Study: Credits have to be QAS approved and limited to 80 hours.
Credit Calculations: Measured on a 50 minute hour. Fractional hours are rounded down to nearest whole credit.
- Instruction: Credit is equivalent to presentation plus preparation. Preparation is limited to two times presentation. Repeat instruction within renewal period is only accepted if substantial change is proven.
- Partial Credits: Half Credits allowed after the first CPE hour is earned.
Hour Requirements: 120 hours
- Ethics Requirement: 6 hours. Subjects include programs devoted to AICPA Code of professional Conduct, including opinions issued there under and programs relating to the legal, professional or ethical codes of any authoritative organization or accounting professional specialty organization.
- Accounting and Auditing hours:
- Reporting periods ending 2013: Licensees required to earn 16 hours of A&A Credit.
- Reporting periods ending 2014: Licensees required to earn 8 hours of A&A Credit.
- Reporting periods ending 2015: no A&A requirement.
- Initial licensees do not have A&A requirement for first reporting period.