License Renewal December 31st every three years
Reporting Period: January 1st – December 31st every three (specific) years; 2014, 2017, 2020, 2023, 2026, etc.
CPE Documentation: Hours may be submitted and licenses may be renewed at The New Jersey State Board of Accountancy.
- Instruction: 60 Hours maximum; instructors or discussion leaders cannot obtain CPE credit for instruction.
- Marketing: Courses related to development of licensee’s practice or the marketing of services are not accepted.
- Published Materials: 30 hours maximum for article/book/etc. publishing.
- Reviewer: 60 hours maximum for technical OR peer review.
- Self-Study: 60 hours of self-study maximum; sponsors must be registered with NASBA.
- University/College: Events receive credit for subject areas that are considered technical.
Credit Calculations: Measured on a 50 minute hour. Fractional hours are rounded down to nearest whole credit.
- Instruction: Credit is equivalent to presentation plus preparation, while preparation is limited to two times presentation. Repeat instruction is not accepted within the same year; however can receive credits after one year if the material is substantially changed.
Hour Requirements: 120 hours; minimum 20 per year
- Ethics Requirement: 4 hours in NJ Law & Ethics approved by board.
- 72 Hours in Technical Subjects
- Business Law
- Computer Science
- Management Advisory Services
- SEC Practice
- Professional Ethics
- 60 Hours in Didactic Instruction (In-person instruction including interactive phone/electronic instruction. Cannot be videotaped or audio taped instruction.)
- 24 hours in Auditing, Review and Compilation if it relates to the practice of public accountancy
- No more than 44 credits can be received in non-technical subjects