License Renewal: June 30th every other year, odd or even year based on birth year
Reporting Period: January 1st – December 31st every other year, odd or even year based on birth year
CPE Documentation: CPE hour submission and license renewals can take place at The Nebraska Board of Public Accounting.
- Committee Meetings: CPE credit for technical meetings is limited to a total of 16 hours.
- Firm Meetings: Cannot be accepted unless the particular program is comprised of a minimum of 50 minutes of uninterrupted instruction, presided by a qualified instructor, and contains a general outline of the program with a comprehensive timeline.
- Instruction: Credits for instructors are restricted from exceeding 50% of total hours.
- Peer Review: Peer review programs are required to be sponsored by a state board or state/national professional society (limited to 50% of total hours)
- Personal Development/Communications: Limited to 16 hours.
- Published Materials: Credits earned through authorship cannot exceed 16 hours.
- Self-Study: Limited to 50% of total hours.
- University/College: Limited to 50% of total hours.
- Instruction: Presentation + Preparation = Credit. Preparation is limited to 2x presentation. Duplicate versions of instruction of the same material during a given renewal period is not allowed. A maximum of 10 credits can be allotted for modernizing material that was presented formerly.
- Partial Credit: Half credits are eligible for acceptance after the first hour.
- University/college credit:
- 1 semester hour = 8 CPE hours
- 1 quarter hour = 4 CPE hours
- For non-credit courses: 1 classroom hour = 1 qualifying hour
Hour Requirements: 80 hours; 4 hours (Ethics Requirement)