License Renewal: August 1st depending on odd or even year
Reporting Period: January 1st to December 31st on a biennial basis depending on odd or even year
CPE Documentation: Instructions for renewal can be found at The Kentucky Board of Accountancy.
- Instruction: The cap of credit that instructors can apply towards their hours is 60% of total hours. Duplicated presentations of identical material is not accepted to satisfy CPE hour requirements.
- Published Materials: For published articles and books, the maximum credit that can be earned is 25%.
- Instruction: Instructors are permitted 1 hour for every contact hour and up to 2x the class time for preparation
- 80 hours = if CPA worked less than 3000 hours
- 60 hours = if CPA worked less than 3000 hours at a public accounting firm
- 60 hours = if employed in industry, education, or the government