License Renewal: Licensees must register on a triennial basis by September 30, 2015 and every 3-year period that follows
Reporting Period: October 1st to September 30th on a triennial basis
CPE Documentation: Instructions for hour submission and license renewal can be found at The Illinois Board of Examiners.
- There is a limit of 24 hours that can be earned in the field of Personal Development
- The maximum amount of credit hours that can be earned by instructors is 60 hours
- The maximum amount of credit hours that can be earned through articles and/or books is 30 hours
- The maximum amount of credit hours that can be earned through self-study is 80 hours (only 60 self-study hours are permitted to be non-interactive)
- CPA credits are measured by a 50-minute hour.
- A minimum of 1 full credit hour must be earned in order to qualify for credit.
- Starting on October 1, 2012, half credits can be distributed following the first full hour in increments of 25 minutes.
Hours Requirements: 120 total hours of CPE must be earned every 3 years, 4 hours (Ethics Requirement)