License Renewal: December 31st of odd years
Reporting Period: January 1st to December 31st every two years, ending on odd years
CPE Documentation: Visit DCCA Hawaii to apply for a license and more.
- Instruction: 40 hours max allowed. Credit for teaching the same course is awarded only once in a three year period.
- Published Material: 20 hours maximum for published works.
- Practice Review: 20 hours maximum credit allowed for time spent as a reviewer at a formally sponsored inter-office or inter-firm.
- Instruction: Credit is given for presentation only.
- Practice Review: Credit is calculated at a rate of 50% per hour spent as a reviewer.
- One semester hour equates to 15 CPE hours
- One quarter hour equates to 10 CPE hours
- For Non Credit Courses – each classroom hour equals one qualifying hour.
Hour Requirements: 80 hours
- Course providers must be:
- A non-profit nationally recognized auditing and accounting institution
- An accredited college or university
- Approved by the Hawaii Board of Accountancy or another state board of accountancy
- Approved by NASBA’s National Registry of CPE sponsors.
Carryover Policy: Up to 40 hours earned in excess of the reporting period requirements may be carried over to assist in completion for the next period.