License Renewal: Renewal is based on the month and year of birth. Cost is $120.
CPE Reporting Cycle Period: Total of 80 hours are required to be completed every 2 years (minimum of 20 hours per year)
CPE Documentation: Licenses may be renewed at The California Board of Accountancy.
Technical Subject Areas
- Auditing and Accounting
- Computer and Information Technology
- Financial Planning
- Regulatory Review
- Specialized industry/government practices
*12 of the required 20 hours per year must be completed in various technical subject areas listed above.
Non-Technical Subject Areas
- Communication Skills
- Word Processing
- Motivational Techniques
- Negotiation Skills
- Office Management
- Practice Management
- Personnel Management
*Only 50% of credit can be earned in non-technical subject areas.
- A licensee is required to complete 24 hours of CE in A&A if licensee conducts financial or compliance audits of a governmental agency.
- In order to renew a license, a licensee must complete a total of 4 hours in ethics education.
- If licensee is engaged in performing governmental auditing, the licensee is required to complete 24 hours of Yellow book per cycle.