License Renewal: Last business day of birth month. Renewed once every two years; if odd year, it is renewed on an odd year. If even year, it is renewed on an even year. (Does not matter what time you get your license originally; this is the policy)
Reporting Period: First day of month following birth month to last business day of birth month biennially (odd or even year depending on the license expiration date)
CPE Documentation: CPE hour submission and license renewals can take place at The Arizona Board of Accountancy.
- Instruction: Credit is equal to presentation plus preparation. Preparation is limited to 1x the presentation. Any repeat instruction will not receive any credit.
- Partial Credit: Credit is granted in half hour increments once the first full CPE hour is received.
- Published Materials: The author may receive two credit hours for each 3,000 words of written material. Anything less will not count.
- One semester hour equates to 15 CPE hours
- One quarter hour equates to 10 CPE hours
- Non-Credit Courses: Each classroom hour equates to one qualifying hour.
- Instruction: Instructor Credits limited to 40 hours. Instructor Credits combined with authorship credits are also limited to 40 hours.
- Computer Courses: Introductory computer courses are limited to 20 hours.
- Published Materials: Authorship Credits for anything published as books or articles are limited to 20 hours.
- Self-Study: No more than 64 credits may be earned via self-study.
Hour Requirements: 80 hours in a two-year period
- 40 hours in Accounting, Auditing, Business Law, Management Advisory Services or Taxation.
- 16 hours in Accounting, Auditing or Taxation
- 16 hours in a Classroom or live Presentation/Webinar setting.
- 4 Hours in Ethics; which cannot be taught by an employer or co-worker and must include a minimum of one hour for each of the following topics:
- Ethics related to the practice of accounting; i.e. reviewing the Code of Professional Conduct of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Board statutes and administrative rules